The University of Minnesota is proud to be an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) since 2016. NCFDD is a nationally recognized center dedicated to helping faculty, post-docs, and graduate students make successful transitions throughout their academic careers. NCFDD provides professional development and mentoring through a host of resources that are applicable across all fields of inquiry.
Topics addressed by NCFDD are wide ranging, including strategies for increasing research productivity, developing a daily writing plan, managing time more effectively, and many others that fit the life course of academic professionals. The benefits of membership include greater success with getting published, securing grants, increased confidence as a scholar, and healthier relationships with colleagues.
Our institutional membership means that all faculty, post-docs, and graduate students from any of our system campuses have access to NCFDD resources at no cost. Membership includes access to:
- The Monday Motivator (weekly email including productivity tips)
- Monthly core curriculum, guest expert webinars, and multi-week courses
- The Career Center resources
- Audio and video recordings, slides and transcripts from all webinars
- Moderated monthly writing challenges and monthly mentor matches
- Discounted Faculty Success Program registration
- Online accountability and tracking software to alumni of the Faculty Success Program
- Private discussion forum for peer-mentoring and problem solving