In alignment with MPact 2025, she plays a key partnership role in implementing faculty-related policies and processes; overseeing new initiatives to ensure the excellence and diversity of current and future faculty; strengthening the University’s policies related to academic appointments with teaching functions; managing faculty promotion and review processes at the central leadership level; and improving data gathering about faculty activities.
Dr. Lewis has been a faculty member at the University of Minnesota for 16 years. She served as the director of the School of Kinesiology for six years. She has also served as a member of FCC and as a faculty affairs associate for one year. She brings deep and broad experience to this position in faculty development, promotion and tenure processes, faculty awards and recognition, DEI work, leadership development, and faculty governance.
He serves as the University's liaison to the Big Ten Academic Alliance Department Executive Officer program and oversees the University's multi-campus implementation of the Works faculty activity reporting system.
He joined the Office for Faculty and Academic Affairs in 2010 and has extensive professional experience in higher education.
Key responsibilities/key contact:
- Policy review and implementation (evaluation of teaching, outside professional commitment, promotion and tenure, faculty development leaves)
- Promotion and tenure processes
- Post-tenure review processes
- Faculty salary equity review processes
- COACHE faculty satisfaction survey
- Faculty and Chairs/Heads leadership and development programs
- Oversight of the Works faculty activity reporting system implementation