The University of Minnesota Twin Cities is proud to be an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). Our membership is part of our ongoing commitment to recruit and support field shaping faculty and graduate students who advance academic excellence, facilitate reciprocal engagement, and develop scholarship that meets the grand challenges of our world. NCFDD is a nationally recognized center dedicated to helping faculty, post-docs, and graduate students make successful transitions throughout their academic careers by providing professional development, training, and mentoring. NCFDD resources are applicable across fields of inquiry and focus on a range of topics that include strategies for increasing productivity, writing grants, overcoming academic perfectionism, developing a daily writing plan, managing time more effectively, maintaining work-life balance, and resolving conflicts, among others. The benefits of NCFDD membership include greater success with publications and securing external funding for research, increased confidence as an independent scholar, healthier relationships with departmental colleagues, and more.
As an institutional member of the NCFDD, UMNTC's graduate students, post-docs, and faculty can sign up to receive institutional resources at no cost. Once you sign-up you will have access to resources and support outlined below.
Membership Includes Access To:
- The Monday Motivator (weekly email including productivity tips)
- Monthly core curriculum, guest expert webinars, and multi-week courses
- The Career Center resources
- Audio and video recordings, slides and transcripts from all webinars
- Moderated monthly writing challenges and monthly mentor matches
- Discounted Faculty Success Program registration
- Online accountability and tracking software to alumni of the Faculty Success Program
- Private discussion forum for peer-mentoring and problem solving
How to Activate your UMN Institutional Membership
- Visit www.FacultyDiversity.org/join
- Click on University of Minnesota, Twin Cities in the dropdown (or start typing and the university name will appear)
- Complete the registration process
- Activate your account by clicking the confirmation in the email you receive