This page provides Faculty Affairs updates and information in response to COVID-19. Policy changes were developed after consultation with faculty governance and many others, and are meant to recognize the unique challenges we are currently experiencing.
We will be updating this information regularly, so please check back for the most current information.
Faculty Affairs COVID-19 Updates
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Evaluation Processes for Faculty and Continuous Track Appointments
- Awards: Faculty and Academic Affairs manages two sets of major University awards: the Awards for Outstanding Contributions to Education, and the McKnight Professorships. This year’s award recipients are currently recognized on the Scholar’s Walk website, and their outstanding contributions will be further celebrated in the future. All in-person events scheduled for spring 2020 have been cancelled.
- Annual reviews to be conducted during the 2019-2020 academic year should continue as normal to the extent possible.
- Form 12 Instructions; Sample Text to Include for External Reviewers
Communications from the Provost
- Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost Covid-19 FAQ
- Communication from the Provost (April 1, 2020): Changes to Evaluation Processes for Faculty, Librarians, and Law Clinic Faculty
Additional Covid-19 Related Information:
U of M Resources
- Global Programs and Strategy Alliance
- Admissions (Twin Cities) FAQ for international, prospective students
- OVPR Guidance for Research
- OIT Working and Learning Off-Campus
- Keep Teaching with Canvas
- Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy Resource Center
State and National Resources
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization